Medicine | Food | Fashion | Fitness | Travel People are not one dimensional so why should blogs be?!
Hi! My name is Domenique Trupia. I am a Physician Assistant living in South Florida. I graduated from the Lenox Hill Hospital Physician Assistant Masters Program at Pace University in Manhattan. I work in the field of Anti-Aging, Aesthetic Medicine. I am happily married to the most amazing man in the world! We just got married in July 2018 and we're house hunting (what a nightmare! lol)
On this blog you will find a mix of topics I'm passionate about including medicine, health, clean eating, travel & fashion. No one is one-dimensional so why should our blogs be?! I'll be including tips and tricks I've learned over the years in all categories and some procedure pics and videos in my field of Aesthetic Medicine.
Stay tuned! I hope you enjoy my page and feel free to ask questions! So glad you found me :)
1 lb. Gluten free pasta (cooked) I used Chickpea pasta
1 jar (7 oz.) sun dried tomatoes (drained and roughly chopped)
1 tablespoon minced garlic
3 cups vegetable broth or stock (½ cup reserved )
½ cup coconut milk (any non dairy milk could used, oat milk, almond milk etc)
1 tablespoon garlic powder
¼ cup nutritional yeast
1 teaspoon onion powder
½ teaspoon cracked red pepper
½ teaspoon salt
1 cup fresh basil (roughly chopped, about 20 leaves)
2 tablespoons gluten free flour (or corn starch)
*You can also add cooked chicken or mushrooms to this recipe. Both work well!
1. In a heavy saucepan over medium heat, saute the sun-dried tomatoes for 3 minutes. Add the minced garlic and continue to saute for 2 minutes.
2. Add 2 ½ cups of vegetable broth and the sour cream to the pan and stir over medium heat until well blended. Stirin the garlic powder, nutritional yeast, onion powder, cracked red pepper and salt and cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
3. Combine the reserved ½ cup of vegetable stock and flour in a small bowl and stir until there are no lumps. Pour the flour mixture into the pan and stir until blended and the sauce begins to thicken. Add the basil and pasta, stir and cook until heated through. Serve warm.
Step 1: Place oil in a large pot and place over medium high heat. Add in onion, garlic and red pepper and saute for 5-7 minutes, stirring frequently.
Step 2: Add in ground turkey and break up the meat; cooking until no longer pink. Next add in chili powder, cumin, oregano, cayenne pepper and salt; stir for about 20 seconds.
Step 3: Next add in tomatoes, chicken broth, kidney beans and corn. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer for 30-45 minutes or until chili thickens and flavors come together. Taste and adjust seasonings and salt as necessary.
After finding out about my sons long list of food allergies I had to start improvising and fast! He was losing weight because there just wasn’t enough for him to eat. I felt guilty feeding him the same foods everyday so I got creative. It took a lot of experimenting but I finally found a few recipes that he liked. Most allergen free foods taste like chalk. Luckily these were a winner!
1/2 C apple sauce
1 1/2 C Gluten free flour (I use King Arthur’s)
1 tsp Baking powder
1 tsp Baking soda
1/2 C brown sugar
1/2 tsp Cinnamon
1/2 tsp Salt
1/2 tsp Vanilla
3 tbsp vegetable oil or canola oil
1 tbsp water
*I like to garnish the top with gluten free oats
Mix dry ingredients and wet ingredients separately then combine. This recipe will make 12 muffins if you use 1/4 C batter in each muffin mold
7. Silicone sponges. They’re resistant to mold and bacteria build up and you can wash them in the dishwasher. Eliminates the need to buy sponges. $20 for a set of 4. > https://rstyle.me/cz-n/ejwgtscursf
9. Wallet Ninja. This tool is the size of a credit card but has 18 tool capabilities! Ruler, screwdriver, cell phone stand, can opener, bottle opener… and a lot more! $10.99> https://rstyle.me/cz-n/ejwgybcursf
13. Odor rub away bar. This is my all time favorite and I buy it for everyone! This metal bar of soap removes onion and garlic smell from your hands. One for $8 or 2 for $14> https://rstyle.me/cz-n/ejwg7mcursf