I promised I would include links to all my decorations and favors. I also included some advice about ordering some of these items.
1. Succulent “watch me grow” attendance gift. Found these on Etsy they’re from SuccItUpSucculents. They come wrapped in plastic so make sure you get them a few days before your shower to prepare them. The sign is optional but I added it so our guests would remember where their new house plant came from.
2. Letter blocks
Got these cuties from Etsy. There were a lot to choose from but I wanted larger blocks. These are 3” x 3”. From: Punkins4Corners on Etsy.com
3. Safari animal balloons
I bought these on Amazon and Etsy. Tons to choose from!! We also got ‘LEO’ balloons from Party City and some accent balloons to make the arrangement look more full.
4. Diaper cake centerpieces
I had these customized on Etsy. They were a lot smaller than I anticipated and a little more expensive than they should’ve been for the size. Use your own discretion when purchasing. They were really cute but in reality a waste of money for overpriced diapers! They were made by LovelylittlesLLC
I get this question a lot so I’m giving a very quick step by step guide!
1. Stay hydrated! Make sure you’re drinking enough water (8-10 glasses a day) or more if you’re exercising, talking a lot or pregnant. Dehydration shows quickly in the delicate lip skin.
2. Exfoliate. Before you apply any lip treatments you have to remove the dead skin. I like Bliss Lip Scrub for this. You simply apply, leave it on for a few minutes, wipes with a damp cloth and run away the dead skin. This product also contains a lip conditioner to help smooth and plump the lips. You can visit my Amazon favorites to find the Bliss lip exfoliation that I use weekly myself.
3. Moisture lock. Now that you have fresh skin to work with you want to keep it healthy and moist. Apply an emollient based treatment and leave it on over night. You can use coconut oil, vaseline, shea butter or beeswax based lip treatments.
4. Maintain. The best way to maintain your fresh lips is to apply a treated coating throughout the day. Especially after eating! A lighter emollient such as jojoba oil based lip coatings can be used during the day over your lipstick.
If you notice the dry skin creeping back start the cycle again!